This Halloween, the Library is pleased to welcome Professional Storyteller, Ghouliana Stories, to Hagerstown for a special event on Saturday, October 31 at 8:00 p.m. in the Dr. William Miller Memorial Park (across from the Library). Storytelling will begin promptly at 8:00 p.m., so wrap up your trick-or-treating and head to the park. There will be cider and doughnuts at the gazebo, a special Story Walk throughout the park, and telescopes will be set up for night time viewing prior to spooky (and not so spooky) stories with Ghouliana. This is an event for all ages. ... See MoreSee Less
1 day ago
We're going to be helping Pickford Community Library celebrate their 5th anniversary next week! It'll be a birthday celebration via Skype, but with real cake in both places. Make sure to join us at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 20. ... See MoreSee Less
1 day ago
Abbie has worked at Hagerstown Public Library for a year and a half. She started when she was a junior at Hagerstown High School. When working, Abbie helps run the circulation desk and shelve items. Her favorite thing library task is gathering requested items from the shelves (or, as we say in library lingo, "pulling holds.") Abbie just started her freshman year at Indiana University - East in Richmond, Indiana where she's in the Honors College Program and is majoring in nursing. Her goal is to become a trauma nurse (although we'd really like her to stay at the library forever). Abbie also really, REALLY loves sloths.
1 day ago
Using Your Library
- How do I get a library card?
- What are the circulation policies and fees?
- How do I login to My Account? By logging into My Account, card holders can:
– Renew checked-out items
– Place holds on library materials and designate a pickup location
– Suspend Requests
– Sign up for e-mail notices to be informed and reminded of holds and overdue items
– Request an item through Evergreen Indiana
- Have a question? Ask one of our librarians
- Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter full of news, collection updates, and library events
- Public computers – 9 public desktop computers, 2 laptops
- 24/7 Wireless internet connection (unexpected outages may occur)
- Early Literacy Station – a computer, not connected to the internet, filled with educational and recreational activities for kids 2 – 8 years old
- Scan/Print/Copy/Fax services
- Digital Microfilm Reader